What is Melasma?
Melasma brings dark brown, black, or gray spots on the skin and mostly affects the forehead, upper lips, nose, cheeks, and sometimes the neck and hands. This is a type of hyperpigmentation. It’s mostly common in the Indian population. It affects an estimated six million people in the united state. It affects more women than men. In the starting, it looks like a tiny dark spot. Then, with time it becomes a highlight and affects other areas. Here we are going to discuss how to cure melasma of the inside.
Here are the basic symptoms of melasma by which one can come to know about skin issues and then easily cure them. These are the following;
- Discolored patches of skin[Patches are darker than original skin color that’s why it’s most prominent on the face.
- Areas of the face are mostly affected by melasma.
Causes of Melasma;
There is no exact cause of melasma, but the following are mostly found;
- Sometimes, it is because of inheritance. It has been cleared through research that 48% of people suffered from melasma inherently.
- The main cause of melasma is also sunlight in the summer season.
Sometimes, it happens by using makeup and creams which affect skin badly, skincare products also cause skin damage and melasma.
- It can be a cause of hormonal imbalance.
- Birth control pills also trigger melasma.
- It can also occur as a result of deficiency of Vitamin B12.
Top 5 Home remedies on how to cure melasma of the inside;
There are various treatment options available dermatologically to cure melasma. However, before turning to these solutions, keep in mind that they may have negative side effects.
Luckily, some at-home treatments also help right inside of your kitchen and refrigerator.
These all-natural products can help you to restore your natural skin color without any harmful effects. These are the following;
1. Use of Sunscreen to cure melasma
To cure Melasma, apply sunscreen after three or four hours daily. You can use any brand of sunscreen. It will protect your skin from sunlight or harmful variations.
It also helps to protect your skin from dust as well. You can use sunscreen of any good brand. It helps to save your skin color. No matter, what’s the weather is sunny or not. The use of sunscreen is essential for saving skin tone.
2. Use of milk to cure melasma
Firstly have fresh milk and cotton. Then dip cotton into milk and apply to the affected area of the skin. Do this treatment almost for five minutes. Then wait until it’s become dry on your face.
After getting dried your skin, rub it and wash it with cold water. Then apply any moisturizer on your skin. Make sure to do this treatment twice a day and continue it until you got the expected results.
To get rid of melasma, it’s one of the best natural remedies.
3. Use of yogurt and lemon to cure melasma
- Yogurt has a lot of lactic acids, which exfoliates skin chemically.
- It helps in getting fresh and bright skin.
- Lemon has a lot of citric acids, which help to reduce spots and make skin glowing.
- It naturally lightens your skin and clears your pores.
So firstly have 2tsp yogurt, 2tsp caused sugar, and a half lemon. Mix well these ingredients and make a scrub.
So clean your skin and apply yogurt to your face. Then leave it for twenty minutes. After this time, dip lemon in crushed sugar and scrub it over the skin, especially the affected patches area of your skin. Do this for three minutes and then wash it.
4. Use of Turmeric and Potato
- Turmeric is a spice that fights melasma for your skin.
- The main ingredient in turmeric is called curcumin, which lightens the skin.
- It helps to get rid of dead skin and makes your skin soft.
- Potato helps to remove your dark spots within a few days
It will give you spotless and clear skin.
Firstly need a potato, then peel off its skin with the help of a peeler. After peeling its skin off, cut it into small pieces. Then blend them nicely in a blending jar and make a smooth paste. The next step is to strain it with a help of a Stainer
Mix up three tablespoons of turmeric powder with potato juice and mix it well. Make a paste with these two ingredients. Apply this paste only to the affected area. Wait for twenty minutes to make it dry. After that wash your face with warm water and clean with a towel.
Use this treatment daily. Use twice a day for 15 days for best results
5. Use of Alovera Gel and almonds
- Aloe vera gel can also help melasma and bring your skin back to its natural color.
- Aloe vera can remove any damaged or dead skin cells.
- Almonds are high in protein which can help your skin to become lighter.
- It helps to restore your natural skin color
Cut open aloe vera leaf and extract the fresh gel, one teaspoon of almond powder with enough honey to make a thick paste. Then apply the mask on your face, especially on the affected area. Gently massage for two or three minutes and then leaves for fifteen minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Use this method twice a day and continue until you got your result.
There is not only a single solution on how to cure melasma from the inside. All of these remedies are easy to use at home. Have a try to reduce your dark spots and melasma. It will work for you. It’s for all skin types and has no side effects. It will help you to have spotless and clear skin which is the need of everyone. So take care of your skin to look more adorable.